What Makes Chicago's Newest Apartment Building So Special?
Thanks to its rich history, the Lofts at River East is surely one of Chicago’s most unique downtown apartment buildings. The recently renovated structure originally housed the Pugh Terminal Warehouse, a wholesale product exposition center built between 1905 and 1920. The building was converted to retail space in the 1990s. The space’s recent transformation into apartments has created a luxury building infused with the character of a loft. Here are a few features that make the Lofts at River East distinctive from other apartment buildings in downtown Chicago.
- South-facing units feature balconies with NanaWall folding glass doors. These glass panels can be opened and slid to either side, opening the entire south wall to views of the Chicago River and Ogden Slip.
- Ceiling heights ranging from 11 to 12 feet make these airy units feel extra spacious.
- The building’s amenities include a gym with boxing equipment, a gaming room with shuffle board and an arcade, and a dog wash.
- Timber beams and exposed brick create a look that’s both rustic and urban and nods to the building’s industrial past. Sliding barn doors and 78 unique floorplans create a vibe that is anything but sterile.
- The building offers all sorts of perks that make life easier, such as keyless entry to each unit and built-in USB ports in the kitchens and bedrooms.
- The building is only six stories tall; however, if the structure were turned on its side, it would be one of Streeterville’s tallest buildings.
- There’s a Target Express located on the first floor of the building. Pick up anything you need there, and then head to the adjacent Starbucks for a latte on the terrace overlooking the river.
- Despite its downtown location, the building offers plenty of outdoor space. A 10,000 square-foot rooftop deck sits atop the building and includes an outdoor theater, fire pits, grills and a wet bar. Additionally, there is a waterfront lounge on the second floor that overlooks the river.
- Not only do all apartments include a washer/dryer, but each and every unit also has a full-size laundry room.
You can find pricing and more information about the Lofts at River East here.