History in Ukrainian Village
1121 north leavitt street
Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral and Rectory
This church is one of only two churches designed by louis sullivan. its construction was partially finance by tsar st. nicholas II of russia, and the structure was completed in 1903. it was elevated to a catheral in 1923, and the city designated it as a landmark on march 21, 1979.