History in University Village
Sports

1340 West Harrison Street

West Side Park

West Side Park was the home field of the Chicago White Stockings (now the Chicago Cubs) from 1885 through 1891 at 1340 West Harrison Street, although the team became known as the Chicago Colts in 1890.  The White Stockings won the National League pennant their first two years at the park, dominating the league both seasons. 

Read more

Pages