Renters are highly visual and used to seeing high-quality images in online advertising. Your apartment listing is no exception!
Include high-quality images in your listing. Have someone else take them if needed. True, there’s an upfront cost to produce incredible photos. But get them done once, and they’re available to use the next time the unit’s on the market. Excellent images are worth it. If your apartment listing mentions a feature in the description, include a photo of it. Potential renters use photos to get a feel for the property.
Consider the lighting when taking photos. This is critical! A dimly lit apartment won’t attract as many prospective renters as a nice, bright series of images. Move around. Show different rooms from many angles if possible.
Pay attention to the order of images in your listing’s slideshow:
- Show living space first (living room, den, etc.)
- Kitchens should be second or third in the lineup
- Any amenities should follow
- Exterior pics can be included, but they don’t need to go at the top.
- Bathrooms should be last. Tip: Remove personal items, like toothbrushes, hairdryers, etc., before taking photos of the bathrooms.