Apartments in Chicago are making it easier than ever for pet owners to balance their pet’s quality of life with finding an apartment that fits their lifestyle. More and more, Chicago apartments are built with the needs of pet owners in mind. Some popular amenities in Chicago apartments include dog runs on the property, pet grooming stations, or partnerships and discounts with local dog-walking services. Here are some of the outstanding examples of pet-friendly amenities in Chicago apartments.
Gold Coast Apartments with World-Class Location
55 West Chestnut
The Gold Coast is popular among renters for its easy access to some of downtown’s most attractive neighborhood amenities: the beach can be reached in under 15 minutes while world-class restaurants proliferate practically every street corner. This Gold Coast apartment building brings all of these riches to renters’ doorsteps at affordable prices; 1 bedroom apartments start at about $1,400 per month and the building is offering renters some of the best incentives to sign a new lease this season.
Apartments with Historic Charm Minutes from Lincoln Park
2300 North Clark Apartments
Renters looking for a pet-friendly apartment building with historic charm in a great location can find what they’re looking for at 2300 North Clark Apartments. This Lincoln Park apartment building boasts the Chicago architectural bona fides for renters who look for curb appeal in their place. Dogs will be content living in a location with so many walk-able streets and the city’s sprawling Lincoln Park and lakefront just a few minutes to the east.
Streeterville Apartments with Waterfront Dog Run
The Lofts at River East
This Streeterville apartment building tells a compelling story through all its history. The former maritime warehouse located steps away from both Lake Michigan and the Chicago River has taken on new life for apartment renters as beautiful downtown lofts. But there are plenty of perks to make this a pet-friendly building as well, such as the landscaped rooftop with stunning views of downtown Chicago and the waterfront.
South Loop Apartments with Pet Grooming Area or “Pet Spa”
Getting out in the neighborhood to discover parks, running paths, museums and shops is a huge part of the appeal for living in this pocket of the South Loop. And there’s no better travel companion than your dog for these exploratory walks around the neighborhood. What to do when you come home from a particularly dusty, dirty or rainy walk? Head to the purpose-built dog washing station at COEVAL! This simplifies grooming and caring for your pet so that renters at COEVAL will feel their pets get the spa treatment without ever having to leave the building.
Great Uptown, or "Puptown," Location for Dog Owners
Eight Eleven Uptown
When it comes to dog-friendly parks in Chicago, the Uptown neighborhood is unusually well stocked. There might be a case for changing the neighborhood's nickname to “Puptown.” Renters and their pups living at this pet-friendly apartment building can visit any one of the four dog parks within walking distance, including the north side’s most popular dog beach (see below for a full list of dog-friendly parks in Chicago). There are miles and miles of parks just across Lake Shore Drive from the upscale apartments at Eight Eleven Uptown if one of the officially designated dog-friendly areas is too much of a hike.
Fulton Market Apartments Know How to Throw a Puppy Party
Fulton Market is undergoing a building boom and dog owners haven’t been overlooked as the neighborhood’s renaissance marches on. Dogs residing at Echelon Chicago get a special treat at the end of summer with the annual Doggie Dip. Building managers open up the swimming pool to residents and their dogs for one last tail-wagging hurrah before it shuts down for the season.
Finding Dog Friendly Apartments in Chicago
The Chicago Park District has nearly two dozen designated Dog Friendly Areas in Chicago parks or beaches where dogs can run and play off the leash. Dog owners may want to begin their search for a place near these dog friendly areas. Chicago has “urbs in horto” as its official city motto, which is Latin for “city in a garden.” With all the lush greenery and park space in Chicago, dogs can get out there and stretch their legs with the rest of the city's inhabitants.
Below is a list of the Chicago Park District’s Dog Friendly Areas throughout the city’s neighborhoods:
- Anderson (Fred) Dog Friendly Area | 1611 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60601
- Bartelme (Mary) Dog Friendly Area | 115 S Sangamon, Chicago, IL 60607
- Belmont Harbor Beach Dog Friendly Area | Belmont & Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60614
- Bryn Mawr Dog Friendly Area | Bryn Mawr & Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60614
- Challenger Dog Friendly Area | 1100 W Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL 60613
- Churchill Dog Friendly Area | 1825 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
- Clarendon Dog Friendly Area | 4501 N Marine Dr, Chicago, IL 60640
- Coliseum Dog Friendly Area | 1466 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60605
- Grant Dog Friendly Area | 951 S Columbus Dr, Chicago, IL 60601
- Hamlin Dog Friendly Area | 3035 N Hoyne Ave, Chicago, IL 60618
- Lake Shore East Dog Friendly Area | 450 E Benton Pl, Chicago, IL 60601
- Montrose Beach Dog Friendly Area | 601 W Montrose Ave, Chicago, IL 60613
- Noethling Playlot Dog Friendly Area | 2645 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
- Norwood Dog Friendly Area | 5899 N Avondale, Chicago, IL 60631
- Park No. 551 Dog Friendly Area | 353 N Des Plaines St, Chicago, IL 60611
- Park No. 556 Dog Friendly Area | 2529 W Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647
- Park No. 569 Dog Friendly Area | 1358 W Monroe, Chicago, IL 60607
- Portage Dog Friendly Area | 4100 N Long, Chicago, IL 60641
- Pottawattomie Dog Friendly Area | 7340 N Rogers Ave, Chicago, IL 60626
- Puptown | 4900 N Marine Dr, Chicago, IL 60640
- River Dog Friendly Area | 5100 N Francisco Ave, Chicago, IL 60625
- Walsh Dog Friendly Area | 1722 N Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
- Ward Dog Friendly Area | 630 N Kingsbury St, Chicago, IL 60606
- Wicker Dog Friendly Area | 1425 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60622